This recent study was a continuation of previous research and design work, including the focus groups from the AFG Next conference and some early prototype work from our UX designers.
360 View of the Customer is a feature that represents the customer-centric approach we are taking to product design. The design concept is that the key customer information that a broker needs is always at their fingertips in one spot.
In this most recent activity, we interviewed 17 brokers who validated that our design concept will solve the following broker pain points that they experience with using FLEX:
- Brokers cannot efficiently find customer information, due to FLEX’s transaction-focused design.
- Customer record maintenance is time-consuming and often leads to much double entry of data. In particular, when it comes to managing Opportunities and Applications
- The current technology does not support efficient relationship-building tools and capabilities
- Missed opportunities to convert new customers or win repeat business because relevant information and insights are not readily available
Once the interviews were finished and the outputs analysed for insights, Annie and the team went away and designed a new prototype for the 360 View of the Customer. This prototype was shown to the brokers we interviewed and the initial feedback was positive and constructive.
We would like to give you a sneak peek of how the design is looking. Bear in mind, this is only a prototype – the design will continue to evolve and the final user interface elements (such as colours and styles) need to be applied.
- This is a prototype. It does not have any visual styling applied to it – think of it as the floor plan for a house rather than the finished home.
- This is conceptual – we need your help to understand if you want all these features and if they will be used. We are not committing to delivering these exact features in the absence of validation from our brokers.
In this example, you can see the following information on the Summary tab:
- Contact details
- Personal information, such as address, job title, DOB, spouse, dependents
- Tags for capturing customer interests and grouping customers into mail lists
- Active Opportunities
- Privacy Consent validity
- Notes, Task list, and Key Dates
We would love to hear your thoughts on the 360 View of the Customer concept.
We encourage the Research panel to be open and honest and share their thoughts and insights.
Perhaps you have you seen something that you liked or disliked?
Would this feature help you become more efficient or convert more sales?
Please comment below with your feedback!